Easy Fruitcake Recipe
If you love good fruitcake, here’s an easy recipe that’s really delicious, with that wonderful flavor you’ve come to expect at Christmas or holiday time. The cake is filled with candied cherries, apricots, pineapple and pecans. This isn’t the traditional fruitcake with candied citron, which is what many don’t like about fruitcakes. I believe you’ll find this easier on the palate, yet still with the traditional feel and taste of fruitcake.
Lots of jokes go around about Christmas fruitcakes. The rumor is there’s only one in the world and it’s re-gifted from person to person around the world. If you don’t like fruitcake, there’s also the story of Ways To Use Christmas Gift Fruitcakes. I think you’ll enjoy the practical applications, rather than just re-gifting for the ubiquitous holiday or Christmas fruitcake.
You’ll find the luscious recipe for Easy Fruitcake Recipe below. Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays!
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 1 & 1/2 hours
- 1 package spice cake mix
- 1 package (3 & 3/4 oz.) instant vanilla pudding
- 2/3 cup Apricot nectar
- 1/4 cup Apricot Brandy
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup apricots, chopped candied
- 1/2 cup cherries, chopped candied
- 1/2 cup pineapple, chopped candied
- 1 cup pecans, chopped
- 1 cup powdered sugar (optional), sifted (optional)
- 2 to 3 Tablespoons Apricot Brandy (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Generously grease and flour 10-inch tube pan.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine cake mix, pudding mix, apricot nectar, 1/4 cup Apricot Brandy and vegetable oil. Beat on medium speed until mixture is smooth. Add eggs one at a time, beating after each addition.
- Fold in chopped fruit and nuts. Turn batter into previously greased and floured 10-inch tube pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 50 to 55 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the cake comes out clean. Cool for 15 minutes in the pan and then remove to a wire rack to cool completely. Wrap with aluminum foil or plastic wrap and store in refrigerator for at least 24 hours before serving. If desired, before serving, combine powdered sugar and 2 to 3 Tablespoons Apricot Brandy and drizzle over cake.
These fruitcakes also make good homemade gifts for family and friends. They ship and travel well, so if you have the urge to send them, go to it! The recipients will absolutely love them and believe me they won’t give any of it away!
If you don’t want to bake your own, but really enjoy fruitcake, there are some good pre-made fruitcakes I recommend below.